At the Vancouver Peace Summit in 2009, His Holiness the Dalai Lama said “the world will be saved by the Western Woman.” I think about this ALL the time!
To me, being a Western Woman means being well-educated, well-traveled, and well-versed in politics, spirituality, and the human condition. The most evolved Western Woman I know are successful, charitable, kind, vegetarian, and very concerned about the future of planet.
Those qualities reflect the archetypical female – nurturing, hard-working, loving, compassionate, sensitive, receptive, and protective – made stronger by the tools of education and opportunity.
If you’re a Western Woman, how are you helping to change the world? It’s YOUR time!
5 Ways to Save the World:
- Change starts at the individual level. So before reaching out into the world, make sure you do the work to create your own peaceful, loving environment and state of mind.
- Your choice of food is the most effective way to save innocent lives, while also increasing your health. Consider leaving animals off your plate. A world shift to vegetarianism can solve global warming, saving millions of human and animal lives!
- Consider your relationships with friends and family. Let go of toxic relationships and cultivate healthy and healing relationships.
- Reduce consumption in favor of sustainability. Recycle and compost. Honor our limited natural resources by supporting small, local artisans and farmers over corporations.
- Share your gifts. Hone your creativity. What makes you lose track of time? Do more of that. What passion do you passionately want to share with the world? Share it!
♥ ~ Meghan Oona