beauty. noun 1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
I recently moved, started this 100 Days of Art Project, and established some new (good!) habits. I’ve noticed a huge upswing of Beauty in my life. Here’s seven ways to Add More Beauty to your life:
1. More time with nature! Walk through the woods, or just observe a tree swaying in the wind. Slow your breathing down to match nature’s breath.
2. Carve out some quiet “You Time” each and every day. Relax. Just Be.
3. Create something. A good meal, a song, a little doodle. Just for fun.
4. Listen to peaceful music (folk, gospel, choir, or downtempo), or a meditation.
5. Stretch. It doesn’t have to be “yoga.” Just feel where your body holds tension, and move gently to release it.
6. Flowers! Buy them, arrange them, smell them.
7. Make tea and sip it in a comfy chair, with nothing else to do.
Tapping into a quieter way unleashes our connection to Beauty, and reminds us that we, too, can create it. All of these tiny habits are helping me immensely in my 100 Days project. See all 33 pieces so far, here…
“Psyche,” available here…