“The universe is a big dream machine, churning out dreams and transforming them into reality, and our own dreams are inextricably woven into the overall scheme of things.” ~Deepak Chopra
During the New Moon, a friend and I creatively envisioned our futures. We wrote down our goals and cut up images of them, creating Vision Boards.
Time passed, and life unfolded, and voilà! They worked. Not only did everything on mine came true, but it was the best year of my life (so far!)
Being such a visual person, the language of the vision board works really well for me. It brings the ephemeral world of dreams into reality by making the intentions palpable.
I recently finished another, and I love seeing it throughout my day as a reminder. We really can make dreams come true!
8 Steps to Make Your Vision Board:
1. Gather your tools: your favorite pen and paper. A firm piece of poster board. A glue stick, scissors, and magazines.
2. Allow time and space to create a little ritual for it. Light some candles. Turn on some relaxing music. Sip some peppermint tea.
3. Start with your goals. Brainstorm on some scrap paper first. Use statements that start with “I will…”
4. Write 10 Goals, a sentence for each one.
5. If there are certain traits you’ve been wanting to stress more lately, use them as much as possible. i.e. “I will….with compassion.” “I will…with authenticity.”
6. If there’s anything you need to let go of before moving forward, be sure to include that in your goals: “I will let go off ____ in order to _____”
7. Cut out words and images from your magazines that support your goals. You can also search Google images and Pinterest for more ideas. Arrange, and glue, and enjoy the process.
8. Hang it over your desk, or somewhere you see everyday. Allow the images to become real.
I wish you lots of clear vision while manifesting your dreams into reality!